Thursday, June 01, 2006

Waiting on Haditha

We know something went terribly wrong in Haditha. Yet we shouldn’t rush to judgment when a thorough investigation is underway. In her column “The Truth About Haditha,” Michelle Malkin correctly cautions:

There are countless numbers of anti-war zealots on the American Left rooting for failure. They believe the worst about the troops. . . They are looking for any excuse to pull out, abandon military operations and reconstruction, and impeach the president.

They insist on giving suspected foreign terrorists more benefit of the doubt than our own men and women in uniform. And that, I know, I am not willing to do.

I will wait. I will pray. And I will remind you that while the murder of civilians is and remains an anomaly in American military history, it is the jihadists' way of life.

No comments: