Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hoping for Failure

Democrats say they are making Limbaugh into the Republican they love to hate because Rush said,

I've been listening to Barack Obama for a year and a half. I know what his politics are. I know what his plans are, as he has stated them. I don't want them to succeed.

Limbaugh wants Obama’s program to fail. That’s certainly bad politics; most of the country wants Obama to succeed in righting our crippled economy.

Still, one has to note that Democrats outraged at Limbaugh’s statement are kettles calling the pot black. As FOX News’ Bill Sammon found, James Carville [picture] said of Bush, just before 9.11, "I certainly hope he doesn't succeed." And in 2006, 51% of Democrats wanted Bush to fail, according to a FOX News/Opinion Dynamics poll.

No comments: